An APRN is a registered nurse who has advanced education and clinical training in a health care specialty area. Our APRN, Diane M. Knight, works with women of all ages providing education to assist them in making informed decisions about their health care and lifestyle choices. Nurse practitioners practice under the rules and regulations of the Nurse Practitioner Act of the state in which they work. They are recognized as expert health care providers.
Our APRN serves as a regular healthcare provider for women during health and illness. She provides the following services:
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays
- Prescribe medications and other treatments
- Provide prenatal care and family planning services
- Treat menopause issues
- Provide health maintenance care for adults including annual exams
- Collaborate with the physicians and the other health care professionals as needed
This information was provided by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Medical Disclaimer: The information provided on the Gynecology & Infertility Associates website should be relied upon for medical education purposes only. It is not intended to replace the independent judgment of a health care provider. The appropriateness of a course of treatment for a patient may vary from the medical information provided herein due to individual conditions and/or complications.